OUR MISSION AND 5-YEAR PLAN
Mission: Genesee County Parks is dedicated to quality recreational opportunities for everyone and preservation of natural resources.
Vision: Parks Bring People Together.
- Vision: We see, anticipate and lead with integrity of character and create positive change.
- Consistency: We maintain a standard of serving the community and doing business that treats all the same.
- Customer Service: We strive to provide our guests with a quality experience from all interactions in our parks.
- Integrity: We can be trusted to do what we say we are going to do with consistency, character and transparency.
- Stewardship: We are committed to the responsible management of our natural resources.
- Teamwork: We recognize the strength in our collective knowledge and skills to provide a greater service to our community and guests.
- Appendix A & B 5-year Plan
- Appendix C-1 5-year Plan
- Appendix C-2 Role of Genesee County
- Appendix C-3 Mounds Appendix
- Appendix C-4 5-year Plan
- Appendix D-F
- Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission Five Year Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Plan 2014-2018: Proposed Amendment, 2016
Genesee County Parks 5-year Plan Approval
Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission is updating their 5-year Parks, Recreation and Open Space Plan. As part of the 5-year plan process, approval to submit the final 5-year plan to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources is being requested at the Genesee County Public Works Committee meeting on January 16, 2019, 9am. Once approved at that committee, approval to submit will also be requested at the Genesee County Board of Commissioners meeting on January 23, 2019, 9am. Both meetings will take place at the Genesee County Administration Building, 1101 Beach St, Flint, MI 48502 in the Harris Auditorium.
Each year the Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission has an outside third party compile an economic impact report that reports on the effects of the parks to our economy. The most up to date report is that for fiscal year 2015 – 2016.
PARKS COMMISSION MEETING SCHEDULE AND MINUTES
2018 Agendas and Minutes
A-7-12-18 – No Quorum
2017 Agendas and Minutes
Meeting Cancellation June 8, 2017
A – 7-13-17
Meeting Change of Location October 12, 2017