OUR MISSION AND 5-YEAR PLAN
Mission: Genesee County Parks is dedicated to quality recreational opportunities for everyone and preservation of natural resources.
Vision: Parks Bring People Together.
- Vision: We see, anticipate and lead with integrity of character and create positive change.
- Consistency: We maintain a standard of serving the community and doing business that treats all the same.
- Customer Service: We strive to provide our guests with a quality experience from all interactions in our parks.
- Integrity: We can be trusted to do what we say we are going to do with consistency, character and transparency.
- Stewardship: We are committed to the responsible management of our natural resources.
- Teamwork: We recognize the strength in our collective knowledge and skills to provide a greater service to our community and guests.
- Appendix A & B 5-year Plan
- Appendix C-1 5-year Plan
- Appendix C-2 Role of Genesee County
- Appendix C-3 Mounds Appendix
- Appendix C-4 5-year Plan
- Appendix D-F
- Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission Five Year Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Plan 2014-2018: Proposed Amendment, 2016
Genesee County Parks 5-year Draft Plan Update Available for Public Review until 12/11/18
Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission is updating their 5-year Parks, Recreation and Open Space Plan. As part of the 5-year plan process, we have the draft version of the plan open for public review and comment by Genesee County Residents for at least 30 days. The draft plan will be available in the following locations until December 11, 2018. You may visit those locations and read a printed version of the plan and provide your comments. Alternatively, you may also review the plan digitally by clicking here and submit your comments via email to email@example.com. In the subject line please put “Public Comment on 5 Year Plan”, and in the body of your email, please provide your comments and your zip code. On December 13, 2018, 10am, at Crossroads Village Mill Street Dining room, the Genesee County Parks Commission will present the 5-year Parks, Recreation and Open Space Plan for final public comment before adoption.
Draft Plan Review Locations
- Administrative offices at 5045 Stanley Rd, Flint, MI, 48506
- Genesee County Board of Commissioners Office at 1101 Beach St., Room 313, Flint, MI 48502
- Genesee District Library – Fenton-Winegarden – 200 E Caroline St., Fenton, MI 48430
- Genesee District Library – Flushing – 120 N Maple St., Flushing, MI 48433
- Genesee District Library – Grand Blanc McFarlen – 515 Perry Rd., Grand Blanc, MI 48439
- Genesee District Library – Swartz Creek-Perkins – 8095 Civic Dr., Swartz Creek, MI 48473
- Genesee District Library – Headquarters – 4195 W Pasadena Ave., Flint, MI 4850
Each year the Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission has an outside third party compile an economic impact report that reports on the effects of the parks to our economy. The most up to date report is that for fiscal year 2015 – 2016.
PARKS COMMISSION MEETING SCHEDULE AND MINUTES
2018 Agendas and Minutes
A-7-12-18 – No Quorum
2017 Agendas and Minutes
Meeting Cancellation June 8, 2017
A – 7-13-17
Meeting Change of Location October 12, 2017