PLAY IT SAFE
The Park Ranger Division of the Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission is a full-service law enforcement agency headquartered in Genesee Township, Michigan. The Park Ranger Division includes the Chief Park Ranger, two Detectives, and full-time and Seasonal Park Rangers.
All Park Rangers are licensed Police Officers in the State of Michigan. The Park Ranger Division is the primary law enforcement agency assigned to patrol the Parks Commission properties. Park Rangers enforce all laws including Federal, State, Marine and local ordinances. The Park Ranger Division operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year.
Click here for a printable version of Parks Rules
Effective by Resolution, December 13, 2018
Section P910615-Aircraft and Drones
No person shall, upon the property administered by the Commission:
Make any ascent or descent, operate or possess any balloon, airplane, parachute, drone, manned or unmanned aircraft on Commission properties or waters, except in designated areas, without first obtaining written permission from the Commission or except as may be necessary in the event of an emergency.
Violation of this Park Rule is a Misdemeanor.
Parks Safety Tips
- The Genesee County Parks are some of the safest parks in our Nation. Rangers encourage you to use common sense and follow these simple safety tips to make your experience great!
- Stay alert. Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable, leave the area and contact a ranger.
- Watch your children. Know where they are at all times. Accompany your children to the restroom, changing areas and concession stands. Teach your children about, ‘Stranger Danger.’
- Teach your children their full name, address and their cell phone number.
- Teach your children how to call 911 in an emergency.
- Please do not tell your children that the Ranger or Policeman will arrest them if they are bad.
- Teach your children not to approach strange pets.
- At the beach, campgrounds or our day parks – keep your valuables out of sight. Secure GPS, cellphones, purses, wallets, etc. in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Do not leave valuables unattended at the beach.
- Keep your unattended vehicle, boat or camper locked at all times.
- Rangers are available 24/7.
- Report all suspicious incidents to the Rangers.
- Please call 911 to report any suspicious activity.
Recent Vote on Marijuana Proposal – What You Need to Know in the Parks
As of November 6, 2018, Michigan voters voted to legalize marijuana. We want to remind park visitors, that although this proposal passed, it still does not allow public consumption of marijuana. Much like alcohol is prohibited within Genesee County Parks, so too is marijuana. Thank you for your understanding.