6145 E. Mt. Morris Road
Mt. Morris, MI, 48458
Monday – Saturday: 8:00 am – Sunset
Sunday: 10:00 am – Sunset
Come to play. Just make sure you play safe.
Everything you need to know about visiting The Mounds is listed below.
- Daily Pass-$15.00 per vehicle
- Resident Seasonal Pass-$50.00 per vehicle
- Non–Resident Seasonal Pass-$70.00 per vehicle
Commercial Photography, Filming, and Vehicle Testing Fee- Base rate $150 per hour. Additional for staff, equipment, etc.
Seasonal passes expire March 31 each year.
State of Michigan ORV stickers can be purchased at The Mounds. The current price is $26.25. OR you can click here to purchase one digitally from the DNR.
The Mounds is open 365 days a year; however, from March 15 through May 15, all trail areas of the Mounds are closed except for the 8-acre scramble area which is located to the North West of the ticket booth. Trucks are not permitted. ATVs, UTVs and dirt bikes are allowed. All areas of the Mounds will reopen to all vehicles the morning of May 16.
The Mounds And State Of Michigan Rules
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Riders must stay out of the posted wetland areas.
- You must wear a U.S. Department of Transportation approved crash helmet; unless, your ORV is equipped with a DOT approved roof (which was designed and installed by the manufacturer of the ORV) and you are wearing a seat belt.
- You must wear eye protection that meets VESC V-8 (Vehicle Equipment Safety Commission Regulations) or ANSI Z87.1 safety glass standards; unless your ORV is equipped with a full windshield.
- Your ORV must have a USFS (United States Forest Service) approved spark arrester.
- Your vehicle must not exceed Michigan’s sound level standards. Sound checks can be performed by the staff at The Mounds.
- All vehicles that enter The Mounds (beyond the control building) must have a valid State of Michigan ORV Permit attached and visibly in the center rear of the ORV. Additionally, the vehicle must have either a valid Annual Mounds ORV Permit or a Daily Mounds ORV Permit attached and visibly on the ORV.
- Children under 16 years of age must present their Michigan ORV safety certificate and have adult supervision.
- Snowmobiles are prohibited.
- The repeal of the helmet law DOES NOT affect The Mounds. Helmets are still required if the vehicle does not have an approved roof.
For information on obtaining a Michigan ORV Safety Certificate, go to www.offroad-ed.com/michigan.
- Pavilion in parking lot is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- No washing of vehicles in parking area.
- The Mounds is 370 acres with 230 acres available for riding.
- There are approximately 9.5 miles of trails at the Mounds.
- Inquiries about commercial use of The Mounds should be directed to Hollie Marlett, the Parks Communication Specialist.
Alcohol Policy For All Parks
No alcohol or illegal substances are allowed. Park rangers will issue tickets with fines of up to $100 for all violations.
Need a Tow?
Click here for a list of local 24 hour tow companies.