Genesee County Parks 5-year Draft Plan Update Available for Public Review until 12/11/18
Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission is updating their 5-year Parks, Recreation and Open Space Plan. As part of the 5-year plan process, we have the draft version of the plan open for public review and comment by Genesee County Residents for at least 30 days. The draft plan will be available in the following locations until December 11, 2018. You may visit those locations and read a printed version of the plan and provide your comments. Alternatively, you may also review the plan digitally by clicking here and submit your comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please put “Public Comment on 5 Year Plan”, and in the body of your email, please provide your comments and your zip code. On December 13, 2018, 10am, at Crossroads Village Mill Street Dining room, the Genesee County Parks Commission will present the 5-year Parks, Recreation and Open Space Plan for final public comment before adoption.
Draft Plan Review Locations
- Administrative offices at 5045 Stanley Rd, Flint, MI, 48506
- Genesee County Board of Commissioners Office at 1101 Beach St., Room 313, Flint, MI 48502
- Genesee District Library – Fenton-Winegarden – 200 E Caroline St., Fenton, MI 48430
- Genesee District Library – Flushing – 120 N Maple St., Flushing, MI 48433
- Genesee District Library – Grand Blanc McFarlen – 515 Perry Rd., Grand Blanc, MI 48439
- Genesee District Library – Swartz Creek-Perkins – 8095 Civic Dr., Swartz Creek, MI 48473
- Genesee District Library – Headquarters – 4195 W Pasadena Ave., Flint, MI 4850
Recent Vote on Marijuana Proposal – What You Need to Know in the Parks
As of November 6, 2018, Michigan voters voted to legalize marijuana. We want to remind park visitors, that although this proposal passed, it still does not allow public consumption of marijuana. Much like alcohol is prohibited within Genesee County Parks, so too is marijuana. Thank you for your understanding.