Genesee County Parks is home to two of the finest equestrian facilities in Southeast Michigan, Everett A. Cummings Event Center and Elba Equestrian Complex. Bring your horse and ride through 4,540 acres of natural beauty and around a small inland lake. You can even camp overnight with your horses at this location.
Both Elba Equestrian Complex and Everett A. Cummings Event Center regularly host local and statewide equestrian events, so advance reservations are necessary. To reserve your Elba campsite, or to host an event at either Elba or the Cummings Event Center, please contact the Parks reservation office at 810.736.7100 ext. 6 or 800.648.PARK. Special events require the completion of the Genesee County Parks Special Events form 60 days in advance of the event. Special Events information can be found by clicking here.
- Bicycles are not allowed on trails.
- Trail riding is free.
- Day use parking area available
- No electricity.
- Porta-johns available.
- Water on site.
- Some picnic tables and fire rings.
- Camping is only available to campers when camping with their horse(s)
- Picket posts on each campsite.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, camping at Elba Equestrian Center remains closed to the public until further notice.
Genesee County Residents: $16 per night per unit.
Non-residents: $18 per night per unit.
- Check-in time is 3:00 pm through sunset. If you are not in the park by sunset you may arrive to find the gates locked.
- Check out time is 1:00 pm.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of check-in time for a refund. Refunds will be processed as follows: Cancellations of any kinds, including shortening your stay, must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the 3:00 pm check-in time. All cancellations will result in a $10 cancellation fee. Absolutely no refunds without a 24-hour advance notice.
- Camping with horses only. ATVs are not allowed.
- Reservations are required for camping. We begin taking reservations on January 2 for the current year, each year.
- You must have a printed receipt to display in your vehicle windshield for the duration of your camping stay.
- Campers are allowed one vehicle, one camping unit, one horse trailer, and two horses per site.
- Use of a generator is allowed from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm only.
- Campsites are individual and not designed for group camping. Please call ahead or make reservations early, as the 25 individual campsites fill up quickly.
No camping between Dec 1 and March 31. Facility may be closed due to road/campsite conditions as warranted. Click here to check closures.
ALCOHOL & MARIJUANA POLICY FOR ALL PARKS
No alcohol, marijuana or illegal substances are allowed. Park rangers will issue tickets with fines of up to $100 for all violations.
ACCESSIBILITY IN THIS PARK
It is our goal to provide facilities and programs to accommodate and involve all of our visitors through continued improvements in all of our parks. All parks have varying levels of accessibility. At this time this park does not have any features or amenities deemed accessible or that meet ADA compliance.