Making a difference. For anyone who cares about the place they call home, it’s an important thing to do. That’s why Genesee County Parks offers a wide variety of opportunities to get involved.

Would you like to be part of the cast and crew at Crossroads Village? How about helping care for the flowerbeds throughout our parks? Or guiding school children on a nature walk through For-Mar Nature Preserve & Arboretum? Whatever way you can help, we can always use another hand.

If you don’t have steady spare time, consider helping out with one of our major events throughout the year: Thomas The Tank Engine, Ladies Night Out, Christmas at Crossroads and more.

For-Mar Nature Preserve & Arboretum volunteers are need for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, bluebird monitor, invasive plant removal, butterfly counts and Visitor’s Center greeter.

If you want to get involved or you represent an organization that wants to get involved, we can help you find the right opportunity. 


Here are just a few of the many volunteer opportunities available with the Genesee County Parks:

  • Community and perennial gardening
  • Trail map creation
  • Crossroads Village railroad crossing greeters
  • Special event staff
  • For-Mar Visitor’s Center greeter
  • Bluebird monitor
  • Invasive plant removal
  • Butterfly counts

You can download a volunteer application here, or you can pick one up at the Genesee County Parks & Recreation Commission Administrative Headquarters, located at 5045 Stanley Road in Flint.

For more information about volunteering at Crossroads Village, just contact our volunteer coordinator, Cindy Kimber, at ckimber@gcparks.org or call 810.249.3858

For more information about volunteering at For-Mar Nature Preserve and Arboretum contact For-Mar staff at 810.789.8567 or email parkswebteam@gcparks.org.

For information about how to get involved with Keep Genesee County Beautiful contact KGCB staff at 810.767.9696

** Applicants must also fill out a background consent form with the application. The background consent forms must be filled out in person at the Genesee County Parks- Administrative Office. 5045 Stanley Road, Flint, MI 48506